The BMW Golf Cup International has made its mark as the largest and most successful amateur golf tournament across the globe, attracting over 100,000 amateur golfers from across 50 countries that gather to play and compete each year.
The competition is high but the friendship and hospitality warm. It is a unique event for BMW owners that come from all over the world to network and connect with each other.
Originally played in Germany in 1987, the BMW Golf Cup International has entered into its eleventh year in Malaysia. Played according to the same rules and high stands worldwide, it is a tournament not to be missed and definitely not to be underestimated.
For more information, contact your preferred BMW Authorised Dealer or call BMW Voice at 1 800 88 3000.
Beginning of BMW Golfsport in Germany, with the BMW Golf Cup.
Launch of the BMW International Open in Munich.
Expansion of the BMW Golf Cup to an international level.
Launch of the BMW Golf Cup International World Final that takes place at the end of each year.
BMW assumes title sponsorship of BMW Charity Pro-Am at The Cliffs, USA.
Launch of the BMW Asian Open in Taiwan.
BMW co-sponsors the Heineken Classic in Melbourne and the Dubai Desert Classic in Dubai.
Launch of BMW Ladies Italian Open.
Relocation of BMW Asian Open to Shanghai.
Beginning of sponsorship of The Barclays Scottish Open.
Beginning of involvement as Official Car Sponsor at the Telecom Italia Open.
BMW becomes the title partner of BMW Championship in Wentworth, England.
Launch of BMW Golf Cup International in Malaysia.
- Strokeplay over one round of 18 holes.
- Men’s and women’s scoring are conducted separately.
- The BMW Golf Cup International 2017 Malaysia is open to:
- Owners of BMW vehicles two (2) years old or less, purchased on or after 1 May 2015 from a BMW Authorised Dealer.
- Amateur golfers in accordance with the Rules of Amateur Status issued by R&A Rules Limited.
- Amateur golfers who are valid members of the Malaysian Golf Association with a validated Handicap Index.
- Owners of BMW vehicles who have participated in the Tournament previously and have bought a brand new BMW vehicle in the year 2017 will be placed on the waiting list and confirmation of entry is subject to availability.
- No player is permitted to participate in more than one(1) Qualifying Leg.
- No player is permitted to participate in the World Final for more than once in his/her lifetime.
- Minimum age for participation is eighteen (18) years old.
- Employees of BMW and associated retail organisations (dealers/partners) and their relatives are not allowed to compete in the Tournament.
- All Tournament players (BMW White Card or BMW White Card Elite members) are to pay an entry fee of RM288.
- All entries are to be made online with the submission of a scanned copy of current valid handicap card, and JPJ registration card.
- At registration, the registrant must be a valid member of the Malaysian Golf Association with his / her last golfing scores record in the Malaysian Golf Association’s online NHS system, within three (3) months from the registration date.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to reject any entry or make amendments to the entry requirements without giving any reason whatsoever.
- The entry fee will not be refunded if any competitor withdraws from the Tournament.
- Any request for transfer of entry to another name must be made at least thirty (30) days prior to the Tournament date - subject to availability.
- Any request for change of entry into the Qualifying Legs must be made at least thirty (30) days prior to the Tournament date - subject to availability.
- Competitor who withdraws from the Tournament will not be entitled to any event gifts.
- All players are required to register in person and submit a signed indemnity letter at least 30 minutes prior to the tee-off time. Failure to do so may result in the player being withdrawn from the Tournament with no refund of any fees paid.
- The BMW Golf Cup International 2017 Malaysia shall be managed by the Tournament Committee appointed by BMW Malaysia Sdn Bhd and whose decision in all matters shall be final.
- The members of the Tournament Committee are announced before the Tournament begins.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to exclude any player from the Tournament at its discretion.
- All play shall be in accordance with Rules of Golf as approved by the R&A Rules Ltd and the Local Rules of the respective Tournament club, as approved by the Tournament Committee.
- Play shall be in groups of maximum four (4) players.
- The Tournament Committee shall decide the draw.
- All players are to station themselves at their respective assigned tee box ten (10) minutes prior to the tee-off time. Failure to do so may result in the player being withdrawn from the Tournament with no refund of any fees paid.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to change the draws and vary the starting times without giving any reason.
- Competitors must provide the Tournament Committee with a current confirmation of their handicap.
- A competitor’s handicap must be valid at the time of entry, on the day of the Tournament and updated.
- During the Qualifying Leg, a competitor’s last golfing scores record with the Malaysian Golf Association’s online NHS system must be within three (3) months from the tournament date. Failing which, he/she will not be officially scored, thus unable to qualify to the National Final.
- A competitor belonging to more than one club and having different USGA Handicap Indexes at each club must use his lowest Handicap Index unless a valid explanation is acceptable to the Tournament Committee before commencement of play. Penalty for breach of rule - disqualification.
- Competitors will be assigned a tournament handicap based on their current USGA Indexes against the slope rating of the tournament course.
- A competitor’s handicap may be adjusted by the Tournament Committee prior to or during the Tournament. The Tournament Committee’s decision shall be final as per section 8-4 of the USGA Handicap System Manual.
- The Tournament Committee reserves the right to rate the National Final qualifiers with new Handicap Indexes that will apply to the National Final based on their scores during the Qualifying Legs.
- All Qualifying Legs leading to the National Final count towards the handicap, as does the National Final.
- In the interest of fair play, maximum scores will be capped at 68 points (4-under handicap). In the event of ties, placing shall be determined on count back starting with:-
- Lowest handicap.
- Scores from the last 9, 6, 3 and 1 hole.
- The last nine holes shall always refer to holes 10 to 19 on the scorecard of all courses, irrespective of where and how a player begins.
- The first player only to score a Hole-In-One in accordance to the tournament rules and regulations during the one (1) day tournament rounds of the event will win the Hole-In-One prize.
- The prize has to be redeemed within three (3) months from the date of the tournament, failing which, the prize will be forfeited.
- By participating in the Hole-In-One and accepting the Hole-In-One prize, each player agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions and warranties applicable for the acceptance and delivery of the prize.
- Each player shall be eligible to win only 1 novelty prize. In the event a player wins more than one (1) novelty prize, the first novelty hole that he or she plays shall be deemed the winning novelty hole.
- All competitors must submit their respective scorecard duly signed and counter signed by his or her marker no later than ten (10) minutes after the completion of play.
- The Tournament shall be deemed to have closed when prizes have been awarded to the winners.
- The top 3 winners of the individual categories qualify for the National Final. If a qualifying player is unable to take part in the National Final, he or she must inform BMW Malaysia of this within two (2) weeks. The next best-scoring player in the Qualifying Leg then takes his or her place.
- The top winner in each of the three categories (Men’s A, Men’s B, Women) of the National Final qualify for the World Final. If a qualifying player is unable to take part in the World Final, he or she must inform BMW Malaysia of this within four (4) weeks. The next best-scoring player then takes his or her place.
- An amateur golfer must not accept a prize (other than a symbolic prize) or prize voucher of retail value in excess of the prescribed limits according to Rule 3-2a of the General Rules of Amateur Status, or a lesser figure as decided by the Governing Body. This limit applies to the total prizes or prize vouchers received by an amateur golfer in any one competition or series of competitions, excluding any hole-in-one prize (see Rule 3-2b).
- The limits prescribed in Rule 3-2a apply to a prize for hole-in-one. However such a prize may be accepted in addition to any prize won in the same competition.
- Player(s) who win prizes exceeding the limits as stated in the Rules of Amateur Status will be reported to the Malaysia Golf Association.
- Decision(s) of the referee appointed by the Tournament Committee is final (Rule 34-2).
- In the absence of a referee, any dispute or doubtful point of the rules must be put forward to the Tournament Committee whose decision shall be final (Rule 34-3).
- Any dispute that arises during the Tournament must be put forward to the Tournament Committee as soon as practicable upon completion of the Tournament, and no later than fifteen (15) minutes after completion of the play.
- The penalty of disqualification may, in exceptional cases, be waived, modified or imposed by the Tournament Committee.
- All players should practise good etiquette as detailed in Section 1 of the Rules of Golf.
- The overriding principle is that consideration should be shown to others on the course at all times.
- The Tournament Committee will make every effort to complete an event in its entirety. However, the Tournament Committee reserves the right to suspend or abandon play as necessary if weather-related circumstances require such action. In the unlikely event the course is unplayable and play is abandoned or other conditions warrant such action, the Tournament Committee will then decide the Tournament and all players will be informed accordingly.
- BMW Malaysia Sdn Bhd, Malaysian Golf Association and the Tournament Committee and their staff shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or harm or any form of injuries the participants of the Tournament may suffer as a result of their participation in this Tournament.
- Any player found to be violating the terms of the competition or have not provided true or correct information in the registration form would be disqualified from taking part.
- BMW Malaysia reserves the right to revoke any title and/or reclaim any prize awarded to any winner of any Tournament in the event such winner is found to have not complied with the Tournament’s rules and regulations.
- BMW Malaysia Sdn Bhd and its agencies reserve the right to use any name, photograph, video and/or image of any player taken during the course of the event for advertising, promotional and trade.
- Qualifying Legs
- National Final
- World Final: 3 Categories (Men's A, Men's B, and Women)
TOURNAMENT CATEGORIES AND HANDICAP.
- Men Category A: Maximum 12
- Men Category B: 13 - 28
- Women Category: Maximum 28
- Qualifying Legs:
The top 3 winners of each category (Men's A, Men's B and Women) in each Qualifying Leg qualify for the National Final.
- National Final:
The winner of each category (Men's A, Men's B, and Women) in the National Final qualifies for the World Final.
- Novelty Prizes:
- BMW Credit Hole-In-One.
- CORUM Hole-In-One.
- Nearest to Pin.
- Nearest to Line.
- BOSS Longest Drive.
Terms & Conditions for Hole-In-One prize.
BMW Malaysia Sdn Bhd (Company No.612731-A) © BMW Malaysia Sdn Bhd. All rights reserved.